Dream Warrior

Drugs don't work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drugs don't work

Post  Manahuna on 26.08.10 9:26

Drugs don't work: Top professor
claims five in six new medicines
have 'little benefit' to patients

Drug companies have been accused of conning the public by hyping up patented medicines with little new to offer while downplaying their potentially harmful side-effects.

A new study estimates that 85 per cent of new drugs offer few if any new benefits while having the potential to cause serious harm due to toxicity or misuse.

The author of the research delivered a damning attack on 'Big Pharma' at a meeting of sociology experts in the US.

Professor Donald Light described the pharmaceutical industry as a 'market for lemons' - one in which the seller knows much more than the buyer about the product, and takes advantage of this fact.

'Sometimes drug companies hide or downplay information about serious side-effects of new drugs and overstate the drugs' benefits,' said Prof Light, a professor of comparative health policy at the University of Medicine and Dentistry in New Jersey, US.

Then, they spend two to three times more on marketing than on research to persuade doctors to prescribe these new drugs.

'Doctors may get misleading information and then misinform patients about the risks of a new drug. It's really a two-tier market for lemons.'

He alleged that the pharmaceutical industry owned companies in charge of drug testing and provided 'firewalls' of legal protection behind which information about dangers or lack of effectiveness could be be hidden.

Companies were assisted by the 'relatively low bar' for effectiveness that had to be crossed to get a new drug approved, he claimed.

Prof Light presented his paper, entitled 'Pharmaceuticals: A Two-Tier Market for Producing 'Lemons' and Serious Harm' at the American Sociological Association's annual meeting in Atlanta, Georgia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1304118/Top-professor-claims-5-6-new-medicines-little-benefit-patients.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook#ixzz0xh82ERct

Manahuna

http://nerofix.com/id1685

Back to top Go down

Re: Drugs don't work

Post  Bunnybinkies on 08.10.10 17:29

Heads up...something wicked this way comes..
Many of the newer drugs coming out for neurodegerative diseases and others...are FREE GLUTAMIC ACID BLOCKERS..

Here in the US(and i believe over in Europe***, free glutamic acid is present in almost all the processed foodstuffs.
This STORES IN YOUR BONES...so once you hit a toxic level and start having reactions..you go to your doctor and he will diagnose you with some disease that they can't really explain, and they will put you on one of these drugs..

These drugs have HORRIFIC SIDE EFFECTS like "suicidal thoughts"..

The new one just coming out for Fibromylagia is one such drug...but they have a host of new drugs for Alzheimer,dementia, depression and many others..

IF you are interested, i can post the relevant information.
These neurodegenerative diseases are developing due to many factors... the leading ones being aspartame, and free glutamic acid...i am not kidding about this.

I can also post info on this if you desire.

People with CRIPPLING illnesses have had them clear up when going on a totally non-processed diet.
i can tell you from personal experience that this is NOT mental, i can unknowingly eat something with processed free glutamate in it (last time it was in the form of RICE SYRUP) and get crippling pain.

*** In Europe they are required to LABEL ADDED FREE GLUTAMATE AND MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE...BUT THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO LABEL FREE GLUTAMIC ACID THAT ARISES AS A RESULT OF PROCESSING...AND MANY OF THE FOODS CAN CONTAIN VERY HIGH LEVELS OF IT...WHILE CLAMING TO BE "MSG FREE".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANYWAY...THIS IS THE REAL REASON FOR THE NEW "HEALTH BILL" THAT OBAMA GOT PASSED.
THEY HAVE BEEN USING THE AMERICAN PUBLIC AS EXPERIMENTAL GUINEA PIGS FOR THEIR QUACK PHARMACEUTICALS..(sorry capslock)

Okay, the deal is this...even JAMA and NEJM are aware that the medical profession is LOSING ALL CREDIBILITY because of the compromised drug studies being run and published as "objective" science in the medical journals...when they have really been funded, run and the data manipulated by the pharma companies...the editors at JAMA and NEJM et al have had an ongoing argument about this in their editorials and articles..

If you want i will try to scare up some of these articles up as well.

They have been pushing drugs that MAKE PEOPLE SICK...most of these diseases we are witnessing are caused by processed food or are iatrogenic...IT IS A VERY PROFITABLE BUSINESS...WHICH BRINGS ME BACK TO THE CRUX OF THE MATTER..

The US has a medical mafia whose quack and fraudulent "science" is pushed on everyone dominates 1/3 of spending in the US..
Having worked in medical research and seen the manipulation of data and shady practices at even well respected institutions, i am entitled to say this.

Now we have a bill that will guarantee americans access to this quack system of disease maintenance..
Now big pharma will have unhindered access to its experimentation on the american public in the name of " science", and can push its quack products on the rest of the world ...any country denying access to these pharmaceutical quacks...will be invaded by the US military so that "democracy" can be restored...
Bunnybinkies

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top